Are you a practicing Washington K-12 teacher? Do you enjoy blogging and tweeting about your classroom experiences? Do you want to elevate your voice and effect positive, sustainable change in instructional practice? Then you should APPLY TODAY to join the 2019 cadre of Washington Teacher Leaders of CORElaborate.
CORElaborate is looking for a diverse mix of teachers from around the state who are interested in amplifying teacher voice. Teacher Leaders use blogging and social media to build support for college and career readiness, Washington’s K-12 Learning Standards, and their aligned assessments.
Teachers who fulfill all program requirements are eligible to receive a $1,500 stipend, plus travel reimbursements to and from the Kickoff Event on Saturday, January 26 in Renton.
Before applying, please review these responsibilities:
- Attend CORElaborate 2019 Kickoff Event on Saturday, January 26 at Puget Sound ESD in Renton (this is a must-attend).
- Write one blog post every other month about your classroom practice, instructional shifts, and share professional learning related to career and college readiness, Washington State K-12 Learning Standards, including English, math, and science, and the Smarter Balanced assessments.
- Promote and participate in monthly Twitter chats (second Sunday of every month in the evening) during non-blogging months. Teacher Leaders are encouraged, but not required, to participate in ALL Twitter Chats, not just during non-blogging months.
- Engage regularly with other Teacher Leaders through Slack, Twitter, commenting on blog posts, and joining bi-monthly online video chats.
To start the application process, click the image below. The deadline to apply is Friday, November 30, 2018.
Latest posts by Joel Graves (see all)
- Another Strong Year for CORElaborate - December 21, 2018
- Apply to be a 2019 CORElaborate Teacher Leader Today! - November 8, 2018