TPEP Core Principles
- Quality teaching and leading is critically important.
- Professional learning is a key component of an effective evaluation system.
- Teaching and leading is work done by a core team of professionals.
- Evaluation systems should reflect and address the career continuum.
- An evaluation system should consider and balance “inputs or acts” with “outputs or results.”
- Teacher and principal evaluation models should coexist within the complex relationship between district systems and negotiations.
Link to OSPI TPEP page
- Overview of Danielson Teacher Evaluation Cycle
- Sample Evidence Collection Document
- Sample Completed (Summative) Evaluation
- Sample Pre Observation Prompts
- Sample Post Observation Prompts
- Danielson Aligned Lesson Plan Form
- Danielson Framework Goal Form
- Sample Student Growth Goal Form – Criteria 3
- Sample Student Growth Goal Form – Criteria 6
- Sample Student Growth Goal Form – Criteria 8
- Sample Completed Student Growth Goal
- Sample Data Collection Document
Student Growth Wiki – This wiki is a place for teachers and principals to share student growth resources (sample teacher and principal student goals, forms, data tracking tools, etc) used across the region. To add resources, please join the wiki. This will give you the ability to upload documents yourself. You may also email documents you would like to share to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: The resources on this page have not been vetted.
Center for Great Teachers and Leaders – Professional development modules and tools to:
- Identify direct and indirect connections among the Common Core; their district teacher evaluation frameworks; and their professional development plans, offerings, and structures.
- Identify any gaps in support for teachers’ instruction for the Common Core.
- Plan for concrete action to strengthen connections and address gaps.
The Intersection of Workshop Teaching and the Danielson Framework – Teachers College has created video clips in Vimeo albums. They will also very soon post accompanying tools on their website that can support schools in integrating Danielson’s Framework for Teaching with Workshop Teaching.
For more information please contact: